Terms and Conditions
AGREEMENT FOR STUDENTS AND YOUNG PROFESSIONALS EXPLORE TOURS
- My international tour is operated by Pertrients Inc and partners with ten or more other people. Payment of the program deposit constitutes consent to the provisions of the conditions and general information contained herein.
- This trip has been designed for students and young professionals, as reflected in the pricing, educational and professional content, accommodations and other aspects of the trip.
- My trip begins with the takeoff from the Pertrients Departure Airport and ends upon completion of the flight back to the Pertrients International Airport. I further understand that international travel involves certain risks to personal health, safety and property. Many foreign countries do not have the safety and health standards that are present in my home country. I am willing to accept the associated risks and understand that Pertrients cannot guarantee the health and safety of participants in a foreign trip or eliminate the risk from a foreign environment. Flights may contain multiple layovers. The air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is limited by my tariffs.
- It is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (passport and visa[s]) unless specifically arranged for the group by Pertrients. Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except according to the standard cancellation guidelines as outlined in the booking conditions.
- Pertrients is responsible for providing complete ticketing information for the tourist 15 days prior to departure. Trip packages will always come with air ticket or other means of transport. In an exceptional case where Pertrients is not arranging air ticket or transportation, a copy of the air or transport ticket procured by the tourist himself/herself will be required for an approval to join the trip. This allows Pertrients to observe flight and transport times and aid clients. Students shall travel in groups. In the case that I do not travel on the group flight or arranged transportation, I shall need the permission of Pertrients to embark on the trip with my own arranged transportation and be responsible for additional cost that may arise from any such personal travels. The program will begin at the designated location and time listed on the itinerary without waiting for my arrival. I am responsible for meeting the tour director at the 1st place of accommodation on the trip’s regular itinerary. I acknowledge, understand and agree that Pertrients shall not, in whatsoever case, be liable for damages resulting from airline schedule changes or mechanical, weather, or capacity-related flight delays. The trip will resume as soon as it is possible. All travelers are responsible for necessary expenses incurred during these delays. When I decide not to join the group transportation arrangement or refuses to seek approval from Pertrients to arrange my own transportation, I shall be removed from the trip and shall not be entitled to any refund of money paid. Pertrients shall not be liable for liable for loss of passports, airline tickets or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost paper airline ticket, I am solely responsible for meeting the airline’s requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
- I further agree to release and hold harmless Pertrients and partners (The Released Parties) from any and all decisions to cancel, modify, or delay the tour as a result of acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities or threats of terrorists activities, instability in a destination country, incidents of violence, public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, substantial currency fluctuations, strikes, governmental restrictions, fire or severe weather conditions that make it impossible or commercially unreasonable in the sole opinion of Pertrients to conduct the tour. I further agree to hold the Released Parties harmless for the acts or omissions of any other individuals or entities over which the Released Parties have no direct or indirect control, including, without limitation, airlines, railways, bus companies, hotels, shipping companies, guides and sub-contracted agents or tour operators. I understand and acknowledge that Pertrients does not own or operate all of the entities that provide goods or services on my tour.
- Pertrients shall have no liability or responsibility for me when I am absent from Pertrients-supervised activities or for non-Pertrients supervised activities, such as visits to friends or relatives or during stay-ahead/stay-behind option periods if the stay-ahead/stay-behind period does not include the services of a Pertrients Trip Director.
- Pertrients reserves the right to refuse or cancel my registration at their sole discretion.
- Pertrients has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, if I withdraw from the trip, I will be entitled to no refund.
- Pertrients can change the Trip Director. If I withdraw from the trip based on the change of a Trip Director, I will be entitled to no refund of any money paid.
- I will abide by Pertrients regulations and the directions of my Trip Director or Pertrients personnel during my trip. Regulations include but are not limited to the prohibition of hitchhiking, the driving or renting of any motor vehicle, or having visitors of the opposite sex in participants’ rooms. Failure to do so may result in Pertrients removing me from the trip immediately. I understand that to disobey such rules or directions is to waive the right to a refund of any part of my Program Fee, and that Pertrients may then send me home at my own expense.
- I will abide by all local laws when abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol. People below the ages of 21 must have their guardian’s permission to use alcohol even if the local law would otherwise permit them to. If my legal guardian’s permission to use alcohol has been granted, minors may only drink beer and wine (no hard liquor), and must be in the presence of the group leader. I understand that if I abuse or disobey such laws, or these conditions, even unintentionally, I waive my right to a refund of any part of the Program Fee, and Pertrients may send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
- If I become ill or incapacitated, Pertrients and its employees, or my Trip Director, may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and wellbeing, including securing medical treatment and transporting me home at my own expense. Pertrients retains the right, in its sole discretion, to contact my parent(s) and/or guardian with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to tourist’s tour. These rights transcend any and all privacy regulations that may apply. In the event of a medical emergency, Pertrients will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and the participant authorizes Pertrients to do so. Pertrients, however, makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered. All travelers must complete Pertrients medical form and be cleared by their physician for travel.
- I will pay all trip fees on or before deadlines set. I agree that prices are subject to unforeseen surcharges or price increases which, if imposed by airlines or other suppliers, will be separately billed. If I withdraw from a trip through a withdrawal written notice received by Pertrients on such schedules listed below, I will be entitled to the following refunds of the total trip fees:
a. 15 days to departure date- no refund
b. 21 days to the departure date- 25% refund.
c. 40 days to the departure date- 40%
d. 41-60 days departure date 50%
e. 61 days and above to the departure date- 60%
f. If I am removed from a trip for flouting rules and regulation will not have the right to a refund of any amount and will not continue with the group.
g. All refunds shall be done by Pertrients within 30 days after the last day of the trip.
- By enrolling on this trip, I have made the choice to travel with the Trip Director from Pertrients. I understand that my Trip Director is able to make decisions on my behalf, including but not limited to changing the group’s requested tour or travel date and requiring that I purchase items such as insurance. I understand that a Trip Director must accompany me on the tour. If my Trip Director cancels for any reason, Pertrients will assign a new Trip Director. If I cancel at this point and choose not to travel with the replacement Trip Director, I will be treated as a standard cancellation.
- I understand that tourists on this Pertrients trip will have roommates of the same gender and in some cases, of the same age in their rooms during the entire duration of the trip. Pertrients can accommodate specific rooming requirements. However, these requirements must be agreed and communicated prior to program pricing. Rooming requests are subject to price increase. Places of accommodation may change depending on availability and group size. Towels and toiletries are provided at the discretion of the chosen accommodation and are not guaranteed. Curfew will be strictly enforced by Pertrients staff and accommodation facility security at the times indicated on the conference schedule. After curfew, tourists must remain quietly in their assigned rooms; tourists will not be permitted to pass through hallways or to be in rooms to which they are not assigned. This includes departures from assigned rooms to accept food deliveries. Pertrients and the accommodation facility will exercise appropriate supervision including entry to students’ rooms to enforce security rules. I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hostels/hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to accommodation facilities, buses or other property. If I bring valuables, I will place them in the hotel/hostel management custody. Pertrients and hosts are not responsible for belongings left in social event venues or buses.
- For safety and security reasons, I fully accept that tourists are required to wear Pertrients embossed tags throughout the trip period. Tourists without tags may not be allowed to access certain facilities and services. Tourists must report cases of lost badges to trip staff immediately for replacement at extra fees. Furthermore, all students are expected to wear appropriate dresses. Dresses must not reveal certain sensitive body parts.
- Pertrients reserves the right to immediately remove tourists from the trip due to unacceptable behavior and flouting of regulations and the reasonable directions of the trip director. The Secretariat reserves the right to define appropriate trip behavior and is particularly sensitive to issues involving displays of disrespect to other students, trip staff, and hosts. All trip materials including badges must be surrendered to Pertrients staff once removed. Aggressive or abusive behaviour, such as shouting or personal insults; spreading malicious rumours or gossip, or insulting someone; discrimination; harassment; unwanted physical contact; stalking; offensive comments/jokes or body language; publishing, circulating or displaying pornographic, racist, sexually suggestive or otherwise offensive material or pictures; isolation, deliberate exclusion and/or non co-operation before and during trip; unreasonable demands beyond my paid package; coercion, such as pressure to subscribe to a particular political or religious belief; and sexual harassment or solicitation of any form shall not be entertained and are highly frowned upon. All abuse cases must be reported immediately to the Trip Director.
- These rules are in addition to those established by the Republic of Ghana, the Destination Country and Pertrients. Serious infractions will result in dismissal from the trip of those involved. The Explore Coordinator in consultation with the Trip Director reserves the right to issue additional rules or to alter existing rules at any time.
- Pertrients reserves the right to utilize all data submitted by individuals to Pertrients and to collect data in the form of photographs or videos during the trip. Such photos, video, and other audio/visual material taken and/or recorded by Pertrients, featuring any individual including guests may be used and published for promotional, educational, or other purposes by Pertrients and its partners with the consent of the tourist. I agree that no data, results, and materials for use in the trip will be disseminated by means of publications, reports, conferences, or any other form without the express written consent from Pertrients of which these products, data, results, and materials are its exclusive property. Pertrients reserves the right to update and change information without further notice.
- I understand and agree that this agreement and Pertrients Booking Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Pertrients and me with reference to the subject matter and herein, and I do not rely on any promises, inducements, or agreements not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by any agents or any employees of Pertrients, or by any person. This agreement may be amended or modified only in writing, signed by both parties. The unenforceability or waiver of any provision in this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein.
- I understand and agree that the parties shall use their best efforts to settle amicably all disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement. Any dispute or difference between the parties in connection with this Agreement which cannot be settled amicably within sixty (60) days after receipt by one Party of the other Party’s written request for such amicable settlement shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act 2010 of Ghana or any statutory modification in force at the time. The place of such arbitration shall be Accra, Ghana and the language for the arbitration shall be English.
- I hereby confirm that I have read, understood, and accepted Pertrients´ Agreement. I further agree to accept and abide by the Code of Conduct which will be published as a Handbook and as decided by the Explore Coordinator. I hereby certify by completing the application process that all information submitted is truthful and accurate. I understand that falsification of any information provided will disqualify me from participation the trip and future Pertrients activities, and classification of information or impersonation will result in legal actions.